Borderlands 2 How to Edit Quest Data [PS3/360/PC] 5 5 1

Borderlands 2 How to Edit Quest Data [PS3/360/PC]

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Borderlands 2 How to Edit Quest Data [PS3/360/PC]

Post by Seth on Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:31 pm

Firstly you will need to open your save into Gibbed's Borderlands 2 save editor and move your way to 'Raw' to edit your characters Raw Data. Yes I'm cheap I'm reusing one of my guide pictures. Razz

Now scroll down until you see 'MissionPlaythroughs' when you find it navigate your way to the arrow that will open up the collection window. Image below will give assistance if needed.

Now that you've opened up the collections list you will notice 3 'MissionPlaythroughData' the first one is Playthrough 1(Normal Mode), the Second one is  Playthrough 2(True Vault Hunter Mode), and the third one is most likely the 'Something Interesting thing' that Gearbox Is planning on when they raise the level cap which will be a Playthrough 3 no doubt. Depending on what playthrough you're on choose from 1 of 2 existing options available since Playthrough 3 has no data yet. Once you've clicked one of these navigate your way to the 'MissionData' collection arrow. Image below will assist you if needed.

Once you're in your quest information you will notice a lot of quests. There are two ways to look for the quest you REALLY want to edit, #1 Is Looking to 'mission' on the right this will show you the name or "Codename" of the mission, and #2 Is seeing if the mission is Active, Not Started, or Failed. Once you've found the mission you want to edit look to 'Status' and change the mission to 'ReadyToTurnIn' if you want to instantly complete the mission. If you want to complete a few sub objectives, or objectives you will need BL2 to reference the number of requirements. You can access these options by looking to 'ObjectiveProgress' and 'SubObjectiveSetIndexes' opening one of these will show a set of numbers depending on the quest.

Like I said before you will need BL2 or a wiki to reference the 'complete' number of the mission requirement. Once you have something to reference from you can then modify the numbers and set a certain objective to 'Complete' some missions may be different though whereas 0 Is incomplete and 1 Is complete -- remember that! Images below will give assistance if needed.

It may take some time to get a hang of, but its really not that hard if you think about it. It also comes in handy if you have a quest that you're having a really tough time with such as; finding rare monsters or killing a hard raid boss. It also comes in handy if you're making a save from the ground up.

Anywho If you have any comments or questions please leave them below and thanks for reading!

Happy modding!

- Seth C.

Last edited by Seth on Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:30 am; edited 2 times in total

Seth
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Borderlands 2 How to Edit Quest Data [PS3/360/PC]

Post by Sun on Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:09 pm

thx been wondering how to do this for ages cheers Smile

Sun

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seth on Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:15 pm

Sun wrote:thx been wondering how to do this for ages cheers Smile

No problem, I'm glad I figured this out because the harmerlock hunt rare monsters quest was giving my trouble. I found ZERO of those slagged flying things on my playthrough so I went to edit it.

Seth
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sun on Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:19 pm

Seth wrote:
Sun wrote:thx been wondering how to do this for ages cheers Smile

No problem, I'm glad I figured this out because the harmerlock hunt rare monsters quest was giving my trouble. I found ZERO of those slagged flying things on my playthrough so I went to edit it.
The only thing I had problems with was those two legged things. sorry I have not played it in a wile Razz

Sun

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seth on Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:23 pm

Sun wrote:The only thing I had problems with was those two legged things. sorry I have not played it in a wile Razz

No worries, I think those were called drifters, but I STILL can't remember those flying thingies names. >.< You can also transfer you quest data to another save too I think, but I haven't tested that yet.

Seth
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sun on Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:30 pm

Seth wrote:
Sun wrote:The only thing I had problems with was those two legged things. sorry I have not played it in a wile Razz

No worries, I think those were called drifters, but I STILL can't remember those flying thingies names. >.< You can also transfer you quest data to another save too I think, but I haven't tested that yet.
If you find out that would be very useful when making new lvl 50 characters.
I think those things were slagged spores?

Sun

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seth on Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:58 pm

Sun wrote:If you find out that would be very useful when making new lvl 50 characters.
I think those things were slagged spores?

Yes, Spores! Finally I remember their names, thanks haha. xD Well I think the basic idea Is using your best file as a base for quest data, then change the save slot ID to 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ect.. and start editing the information such as class data, accessories, and so forth.

Seth
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Azunitex on Tue May 07, 2013 8:42 am

Hello, for some reason the game says I've completed the final mission, but I didn't... so I looked up for something to reset the quest.
I followed this guide, the final mission "The Talon of God" is actually "kill Jack" in that menu, I first tried setting it on "started", but once in game it's "ready to turn in" with claptrap giving me the reward (I wanna play it normally, since I completely skipped it).
Then I tried setting it on "not started". Then I go in Sanctuary and there's claptrap with the explamation mark and ready to give me the quest, but I can't accept it. Any idea how to solve this?
Thanks a lot!

Azunitex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seth on Tue May 07, 2013 3:04 pm

Try to check your ObjectivesProgress, or SubObjectivesIndex. If any of these have a value greater than '0' change them to zero. I'm not sure, but this should solve the issue. Before you do this though just copy the original values to a text document.

Seth
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Azunitex on Thu May 09, 2013 10:42 am

Thank you, I'll check it.

Azunitex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seth on Fri May 10, 2013 4:10 am

Understood. Good luck, I look forward to the results. Wink

Seth
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by romi999 on Wed May 15, 2013 8:26 am

is there any way to complete all quests at once?

romi999

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seth on Wed May 15, 2013 2:27 pm

romi999 wrote:is there any way to complete all quests at once?

I'm not sure however, you can transfer your characters raw data to another class character. You probably could if you mark all the quests as complete, but the game might go loopy, I never experimented with it too much.

Seth
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seth on Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:30 am

Images fixed, sorry for any inconveniences.

Seth
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

XP and Money editing

Post by J2 on Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:24 pm

I'm trying to help a friend level without modding his character so I was wondering if there is a way to edit how much xp and money you get from a quest

J2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum